Skagway Recreation Center
CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
PLEASE GO TO SCHEDULES FOR ZOOM LINKS
Welcome to the Skagway Recreation Center
The Municipality of Skagway Recreation Center is a fully furnished community fitness facility for all ages with the primary purpose of bringing people together in a positive, fun environment by offering a wide range of activities, events and classes.
THE REC CENTER MAY CLOSE AT ANYTIME DUE TO COMMUNITY SPREAD COVID-19 OR STAFF ILLNESS. SHOWERS/LOCKER-ROOMS, ROCKWALL, AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAM, TODDLER TIME, PLAYGROUP AND OPEN GYM WILL REMAIN CLOSED. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13 WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN THE FACILITY AT THIS TIME. AGES 13-15 MAY SEEK APPROVAL FROM MANAGEMENT TO USE WEIGHT ROOOM AND CARDIO EQUIOPMENT USING THE FORM BELOW AND MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ACTIVELY SUPERVISING ADULT.
HOURS OF OPERATION: (Doors lock 20min. prior to closing)
THIS DOCUMENT CAN ALSO BE FOUND IN THE LOBBY AT REC CENTER SIGNATURE OF THIS DOCUMENT IMPLIES THAT EVERY USE IS UNDER THESE TERMS AND THAT YOU WILL REFRAIN FROM USING THE FACILITY UNTIL ALL TERMS ON THIS DOCUMENT ARE MET OR USE OF THE FACILITY WILL BE SUSPENDED.
- Users must come prepared to exercise wearing exercise clothing and must bring indoor gym shoes to change into. All outdoor shoes and coats must be left in the Arctic Entry.
- A cloth/surgical mask must be worn at all times inside the facility.
- Users must always maintain social distancing. Specifically, this is defined as maintaining a 12ft distance while moving to and from equipment and when entering or exiting the facility.
- Users must be respectful of other patrons. All reservations must end on time-no exceptions.
- Use of the Skagway Recreation Center is available by online reservation at: Sign Up Schedule No one will be allowed access to the facility unless they have signed up online, appear healthy, have a temperature below 100 and have not traveled outside of Skagway within 14 days of their visit.
- Users must not arrive earlier than 10 minutes before group fitness classes and 5 min before wt. room and cardio floor use and must check in at the front desk and take their temperature prior to entering facility.
- Use of cardio room and/or weight room is limited to 1.5 hours per visit per area.
- Pandemic User Fee: $2 per day. Users will be contacted for payment every two weeks. Charges will be calculated based on online reservations and check-in/temperature/travel verification sheets. NO TERM MEMBERSHIPS WILL BE SOLD. NO SHOWS AND LATE CANCELLATIONS (1 HOUR BEFORE SCHEDULED TIME) WILL BE CHARGED.
- Users must sanitize hands and wipe down equipment with disinfectant and clean towels provided for this purpose before and after use.
- Users must bring their own workout towels and yoga mat/props. A workout towel is mandatory while using cardio and weight rooms.
In an effort to provide the benefits of recreation to everyone in our community, the Skagway Recreation Center has created a scholarship program for children under the age of 18 and senior citizens age 65 and over. Scholarship Application Form