Skagway Recreation Center
SHELTER IN PLACE- CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Welcome to the Skagway Recreation Center
The Municipality of Skagway Recreation Center is a fully furnished community fitness facility for all ages with the primary purpose of bringing people together in a positive, fun environment by offering a wide range of activities, events and classes.
PROVIDED THERE ARE NO COMMUNITY SPREAD COVID-19 CASES IN SKAGWAY THE REC CENTER WILL INITIATE PHASE 1 OF OUR REOPENING PLAN ON SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 20 AND MAY CLOSE AT ANYTIME DUE TO COVID-19 OR STAFF ILLNESS. SHOWERS/LOCKER-ROOMS, ROCKWALL, AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAM, TODDLER TIME, PLAYGROUP AND OPEN GYM WILL REMAIN CLOSED. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13 WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN THE FACILITY AT THIS TIME. AGES 13-15 MAY SEEK APPROVAL FROM MANAGEMENT TO USE WEIGHT AND CARDIO ROOMS OR TAKE GROUP FITNESS CLASSES USING THE FORM BELOW AND MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ACTIVELY SUPERVISING ADULT.
HOURS OF OPERATION: (Doors lock 20min. prior to closing)
- Users must come prepared to exercise wearing exercise clothing and must bring indoor gym shoes to change into. All outdoor shoes and coats must be left in the Arctic Entry and layers of clothing must be left in bleacher staging area spaced apart from other peoples items.
- A cloth/surgical mask must be worn at all times inside the facility. An exception applies to when you are using cardio floor equipment and in group fitness classes. When in group fitness classes please wait until the instructor says it is ok to demask. Masks must be put back on prior to dismounting equipment or stepping off or away from mat or chair.
- Users must always maintain social distancing. Specifically, this is defined as maintaining a 6ft distance while moving to and from equipment and maintaining at minimum a 12ft distance when exercising.
- Users must be respectful of other patrons scheduled to use the same area and work with each other to establish a safe and positive atmosphere or they will be asked to leave the facility. All reservations must end on time-no exceptions.
- Use of the Skagway Recreation Center is available by online reservation at Sign Up Schedule and is first come first serve. No one will be allowed access to the facility unless they have signed up online, appear healthy, have a temperature below 100 and have not traveled outside of Skagway within 14 days of their visit.
- Users must not arrive earlier than 10 minutes before group fitness classes and 5 min before wt. room and cardio floor use and must check in at the front desk prior to entering facility
- Pandemic User Fee: $2 per day. Users will be contacted for payment every two weeks. Charges will be calculated based on online reservations and check-in/temperature/travel verification sheets. NO TERM MEMBERSHIPS WILL BE SOLD. NO SHOWS WILL BE CHARGED.
- Users must sanitize hands and wipe down equipment with disinfectant and clean towels provided for this purpose before and after use.
- Users must bring their own workout towels and yoga mat/props. A workout towel is mandatory when Spinning and while using cardio and weight rooms.
In an effort to provide the benefits of recreation to everyone in our community, the Skagway Recreation Center has created a scholarship program for children under the age of 18 and senior citizens age 65 and over. Scholarship Application Form