Skagway Recreation Center
Welcome to the Skagway Recreation Center
The Municipality of Skagway Recreation Center is a fully furnished community fitness facility for all ages with the primary purpose of bringing people together in a positive, fun environment by offering a wide range of activities, events and classes.
THE REC CENTER MAY CLOSE AT ANYTIME DUE TO COMMUNITY SPREAD COVID-19 OR STAFF ILLNESS.
RECREATION GRANT: FIRST REVEIW OF RECREATION GRANT BY REC BOARD IS THURSDAY, APRIL 22 AT 6PM AT THE PUBLIC SAFETY BUILDING! PLEASE BE SURE TO GET YOUR APPLICATION IN BEFORE THIS DATE. APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL JUNE 30TH ON A ROLLING BASIS AND AWARDED BASED ON ELIGIBILITY AND FUNDING GUIDELINES. APPLICATION MATERIALS: Recreation Grant Application
THIS DOCUMENT CAN ALSO BE FOUND IN THE LOBBY AT REC CENTER SIGNATURE OF THIS DOCUMENT IMPLIES THAT EVERY USE IS UNDER THESE TERMS AND THAT YOU WILL REFRAIN FROM USING THE FACILITY UNTIL ALL TERMS ON THIS DOCUMENT ARE MET OR USE OF THE FACILITY WILL BE SUSPENDED.
- Users must come prepared to exercise wearing exercise clothing and must bring indoor gym shoes to change into. All outdoor shoes and coats must be left in the Arctic Entry.
- Users must actively strive to maintain social distancing. Specifically, this is defined as maintaining a min. 6ft distance while moving to and from equipment and when entering or exiting the facility.
- A cloth/surgical mask must be worn at all times inside the facility when unable to maintain a min. 6ft distance from others.
- Users must be respectful of other patrons. All reservations must end on time-no exceptions.
- Use of the Skagway Recreation Center is available by online reservation at: Sign Up Schedule
- No shows will be charged an additional $2 per offense.
- Users must not arrive earlier than 10 minutes before group fitness classes and 5 min before wt. room and cardio floor use and must check in at the front desk and take their temperature prior to entering facility.
- Use of cardio room and/or weight room is limited to 1.5 hours per visit per area.
- Open gym is limited to 2 hours per visit.
- Pandemic User Fee: $2 per day or Monthly Memberships: $25 Individual $45 Family $10 Open Gym/Half Court
- Users must sanitize hands and wipe down equipment with disinfectant and clean towels provided for this purpose before and after use.
- Users must bring their own workout towels and yoga mat/props. A workout towel is mandatory while using cardio and weight rooms.
In an effort to provide the benefits of recreation to everyone in our community, the Skagway Recreation Center has created a scholarship program for children under the age of 18 and senior citizens age 65 and over. Scholarship Application Form