Skagway Recreation Center
Welcome to the Skagway Recreation Center
The Municipality of Skagway Recreation Center is a fully furnished community fitness facility for all ages with the primary purpose of bringing people together in a positive, fun environment by offering a wide range of activities, events and classes.
THE REC CENTER MAY CLOSE AT ANYTIME DUE TO COMMUNITY SPREAD COVID-19 OR STAFF ILLNESS.
- Users must come prepared to exercise wearing exercise clothing and must bring indoor gym shoes to change into. All outdoor shoes and coats must be left in the Arctic Entry.
- Users must must check in at the front desk and take their temperature prior to entering facility.
- Users must actively strive to maintain social distancing. Specifically, this is defined as maintaining a min. 6ft distance while moving to and from equipment and when entering or exiting the facility.
- A cloth/surgical mask must be worn at all times inside the facility when unable to maintain a min. 6ft distance from others.
- Open gym is limited to 2 hours per visit. You must reserve open gym space using Sign Up Schedule.
- Sign up is not required for cardio, weights and climbing wall. It is recommended for group fitness classes or you need to come early to set up your space.
- Pandemic User Fee: $2 per day or Monthly Memberships: $25 Individual $45 Family $10 Open Gym/Half Court
- Users must sanitize hands and wipe down equipment with disinfectant and clean towels provided for this purpose before and after use.
- Users must bring their own workout towels and yoga mat/props. A workout towel is mandatory while using cardio and weight rooms.
In an effort to provide the benefits of recreation to everyone in our community, the Skagway Recreation Center has created a scholarship program for children under the age of 18 and senior citizens age 65 and over. Scholarship Application Form