The Municipality of Skagway is accepting applications for the position of Recreation Attendant at the Skagway Recreation Center. This is a seasonal position working 28 hours per week beginning the end of November and working through April 2019.
WAGE RANGE: Grade 10, Step 1 Entry Level Wage – $15.95 per hour not to exceed step 4.
- Must be available to work early mornings.
- Must be available for the entire duration of appointment.
- REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Valid CPR/First Aid Certification
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with the public and other staff members verbally and in writing.
- Ability to check in and greet members, give tours of the facility, and answer phone calls and emails about programs and facility/equipment use in a timely manner.
- Must be organized, thorough, and efficient in performance of daily work assignments.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment and cash registers.
- Janitorial experience, along with the physical ability and stamina to perform various janitorial needs to the facility.
- Ability to follow and enforce safety and security policy and procedures of the Skagway Recreation Center.
- Must be reliable and have an excellent attendance record with past employers.
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:This position works directly under the supervision of the Recreation Director and includes but is not limited to the following duties.
- Responsible for performing opening duties on time as scheduled.
- Responsible for providing high quality commercial grade janitorial needs to the facility as assigned.
- Responsible for greeting patrons and answering questions about programs and the facilities.
- Responsible for collecting and processing facility user fees and membership agreements.
- Responsible for balancing cash drawer and recording payment transactions.
- Responsible for processing inquiries and scheduling use of facilities and equipment as necessary.
- Responsible for the safety, security and cleanliness of the Center and for enforcing all Recreation Center policies and procedures.
- Must have the ability to assist in medical emergencies.
- Other duties as assigned by Recreation Director.
Applicants must submit a completed Municipality of Skagway application form to the borough office at the address above no later than 4:00 p.m. Wednesday, November 21. Contact the borough office at the address or phone number above or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org for application materials or further information. The Municipality of Skagway is an equal opportunity employer.
Please go to www.skagway.org for current job openings!