The Municipality of Skagway is accepting applications for the position of temporary Recreation Attendant. This is a part time seasonal position working Monday-Thursday Noon-4pm June 7-24 and July 12-29.
WAGE RANGE: Grade 10, Step 1 16.66 per hour.
HOURS: Monday-Thursday Noon-4pm. June 7-24 and July 12-29.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with the public and other staff members verbally and in writing.
- Ability to follow instructions and carryout assignments as directed.
- Must be organized, thorough, and efficient in performance of daily work assignments.
- Janitorial experience, along with the physical ability and stamina to perform various janitorial needs to the facility.
- Ability to follow and enforce safety and security policy and procedures of the Skagway Recreation Center.
- Must be reliable and have an excellent attendance record with past employers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position works directly under the supervision of the Recreation Director and includes but is not limited to the following duties.
- Responsible for providing janitorial needs to the facility as assigned.
- Responsible for assisting Summer Youth Program Staff in day-to-day operations of the program.
- Responsible for the safety, security, and cleanliness of the Center and for enforcing all Recreation Center policies and procedures.
- Must have the ability to assist in medical emergencies.
- Other duties as assigned by Recreation Director.
Applicants must submit a completed Municipality of Skagway application form to the borough office at the address above or email to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 4:00 p.m. Wednesday, June 2, 2021. A job application can be downloaded from www.skagway.org.
The Municipality of Skagway is an equal opportunity employer.