RECREATON WORKER II
The Municipality of Skagway is accepting applications for the position of Recreation Worker II. This is a full-time permanent position and eligible for benefits.
WAGE RANGE: Grade 11. Step 1 Entry Level Wage: 17.85 per hour.
HOURS: Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma
- Must pass a background check.
- Valid CPR & First Aid Responder certificate.
- Beginner skill level using Microsoft Office applications.
- Minimum 1 year professional work experience developing, supervising and leading recreational activities for children and adults of all ages in a professional setting. (Toddler and up)
- Janitorial experience, along with the physical ability and stamina to perform various commercial level janitorial needs to the facility.
- Ability to provide guided tours of the Skagway Recreation Center and answer member and visitor questions.
- Ability to effectively use reference materials, and manuals related to the work assigned.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment and cash registers.
- Ability to follow and enforce safety and security policy and procedures of the Skagway Recreation Center.
- Ability to recognize hazardous conditions, to think and act quickly and appropriately in emergencies and to observe and record events accurately.
- Must have a proven successful background working independently and with others.
- Outstanding customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with the public and other staff members verbally and in writing.
- Must be highly organized and enthusiastic with the strength and endurance to be active throughout the day.
- Must have an excellent attendance record with past employers.
- Must be able to lift at least 45 pounds on a regular basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position works directly under the supervision of the Recreation Director and Recreation Worker I and includes but is not limited to the following duties.
- Responsible for providing adult supervision to children ages 1 and up and must develop and lead activities for children and adults of various age groups during Summer Camp, Afterschool Program. Playgroup and misc. adult programming.
- Responsible for providing high quality detail oriented commercial grade janitorial needs to the facility as assigned.
- Responsible for collecting facility, room, and equipment user fees, agreements/waivers, and member record keeping.
- Responsible for balancing cash drawer, transaction record keeping, and daily deposits.
- Must provide outstanding customer service in person, email, and via telephone inquiries.
- Responsible for the safety, security and cleanliness of the Center and for enforcing all Recreation Center policies and procedures.
- Must have the ability to assist in medical emergencies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
Applicants must submit a completed Municipality of Skagway application form to the borough office at the address above no later than 4:00 p.m. Monday, February 4, 2019. Contact the borough office at the address or phone number above or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org for application materials or further information. The Municipality of Skagway is an equal opportunity employer.