The Municipality of Skagway is accepting applications for the position of Recreation Attendant at the Skagway Recreation Center. This is a part time seasonal position working evenings.
WAGE RANGE: Grade 10, Step 1 Entry Level Wage – $15.95 per hour not to exceed step 4.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Valid CPR/First Aid Certification
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with the public and other staff members verbally and in writing.
- Ability to check in and greet members, give tours of the facility, and answer phone calls and emails about programs and facility/equipment use in a timely manner.
- Must be organized, thorough, and efficient in performance of daily work assignments.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment and cash registers.
- Janitorial experience, along with the physical ability and stamina to perform various janitorial needs to the facility with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to follow and enforce safety and security policy and procedures of the Skagway Recreation Center.
- Must be reliable and have an excellent attendance record with past employers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position works directly under the supervision of the Recreation Director and includes but is not limited to the following duties.
- Responsible for performing closing duties on time as scheduled.
- Responsible for providing light janitorial needs to the facility as assigned.
- Responsible for greeting patrons and answering questions about programs and the facilities.
- Responsible for collecting and processing facility user fees and membership agreements.
- Responsible for balancing cash drawer and recording payment transactions.
- Responsible for processing inquiries and scheduling use of facilities and equipment.
- Responsible for the safety, security and cleanliness of the Center and for enforcing all Recreation Center policies and procedures.
- Must have the ability to assist in medical emergencies.
- Other duties as assigned by Recreation Director.
Applicants must submit a completed Municipality of Skagway application form to the borough office at the address above. This position is open until filled. Contact the borough office at the address or phone number above or by email to email@example.com for application materials or further information. The Municipality of Skagway is an equal opportunity employer.