RECREATION WORKER II
The Municipality of Skagway is accepting applications for the position of Recreation Worker II. This is a seasonal part time position starting May 17 and based on need. Must be available to work some evenings and weekend days. Occasional overtime may be necessary due to staff annual and sick leave.
WAGE RANGE: Grade 11. Step 1 Entry Level Wage: 18.64 per hour.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma
- Must pass a background check.
- Must carry a valid CPR & First Aid Responder certificate.
- Beginner skill level using Microsoft Office applications.
- Minimum 1 year professional work experience developing, supervising and leading recreational activities for children and adults of all ages in a professional setting. (Toddler and up)
- Janitorial experience, along with the physical ability and stamina to perform various commercial level janitorial needs to the facility.
- Ability to provide guided tours of the Skagway Recreation Center and answer member and visitor questions.
- Ability to effectively use reference materials, and manuals related to the work assigned.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment and cash registers.
- Ability to follow and enforce safety and security policy and procedures of the Skagway Recreation Center.
- Ability to recognize hazardous conditions, to think and act quickly and appropriately in emergencies and to observe and record events accurately.
- Must have a proven successful background working independently and with others.
- Outstanding customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with the public and other staff members verbally and in writing.
- Must be highly organized and enthusiastic with the strength and endurance to be active throughout the day.
- Must have an excellent attendance record with past employers.
- Must be able to lift at least 45 pounds on a regular basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position works directly under the supervision of the Recreation Director and Recreation Worker I and includes but is not limited to the following duties.
- Responsible for providing adult supervision to children ages 1 and up and must develop and lead activities for children and adults of various age groups during Summer Camp, Afterschool Program. Playgroup and misc. adult programming.
- Responsible for providing high quality detail oriented commercial grade janitorial needs to the facility as assigned.
- Responsible for collecting facility, room, and equipment user fees, agreements/waivers, and member record keeping.
- Responsible for balancing cash drawer, transaction record keeping, and daily deposits.
- Must provide outstanding customer service in person, email, and via telephone inquiries.
- Responsible for the safety, security and cleanliness of the Center and for enforcing all Recreation Center policies and procedures.
- Must have the ability to assist in medical emergencies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
Applicants must submit a completed Municipality of Skagway application form to the borough office at the address above no later than 4:00 p.m. Wednesday, March 31. Contact the borough office at the address or phone number above or by email to email@example.com for application materials or further information. The Municipality of Skagway is an equal opportunity employer.